The three major goals of this working group are:
1. To explore the art element of cartography by:
- facilitating and encouraging interaction between cartographers who work with the Art aspects of cartography and artists who produce cartographic artefacts.
- developing theory on art and cartography and cartography and art
2. To facilitate interdisciplinary cross-fertilisation of ideas and concepts by:
- encouraging and facilitating inter-disciplinary discourse.
- encouraging inter-disciplinary projects and publications.
3. To disseminate information about developed theory and ontologies related to the interaction of art with cartography and cartography with art by:
- facilitating installations with associated annotated catalogues.
- developing multiple forms of expression (e.g. blogs, exhibits).
- publishing special issues of journals.
- developing and publishing books.